2. General Ledger
The design of the financial system, with specific reference to the general ledger, assumed that transactions should not be duplicated in detail in the Ledger.
The system caters for:
- On-line validation of GLA’s.
- The subsystem of origin and the originator of the transaction are kept per transaction.
- Users can be restricted to specific GLA’s, cost centres and departments, and sensitive data is therefore protected.
- More than one financial year end can be handled, and at year end all transactions are automatically generated.
- The system provides for fourteen cycles.
Created: 19th August 2019